Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bloom

I've been out in Scottsdale quite often and have had a chance to go to some great restaurants and some not-so-great restaurants. We can start with Bloom, which gets average to good marks in my books. The service and the wine list by the glass is quite impressive, however, the food I felt was just average.

My dining party started out by sampling one of every appetizer on the menu, literally. Some were better than others, but they are all worth trying. For dinner, I had the scallops, which were a bit overdone. I don't think there is anything worse than overcooked food. Especially shellfish, where the texture turns rubbery and the quality of the meal quickly deteriorates.

That being said, the rest of the dinner party enjoyed their meals, so perhaps I just chose the wrong item. They did also have an extensive wine list, of which, many were served by the glass. In fact, they did several varietal flights (About 20 or so) that were some of my long time favorites as well as new favorites.

Overall, it is worth checking out. The service and wine are great. The food, I'll leave that up to you.

Bloom
8877 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
(480) 922-5666

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home