Thursday, October 12, 2006

Craft Dallas

Finally, a great meal at a great restaurant. Unfortunately, I had to travel to Dallas for this meal. I went to the Dallas outpost of the original Craft Restaurant in New York City. Tom Colicchio has really worked his magic. The food here is creative, elegant and delicious. The waitstaff was highly attentive. The food is served family style and meant to share. While simple, the dishes were amazing and brought together some of the best flavors from around the world. I dined on Kobe Beef Skirt Steak, Scallops, Heirloom Beans Salad, Heirloom Squash and Roasted Mushrooms. All of the dishes were awesome, save the Heirloom Squash. It wasn't bad, per se, but it just didn't measure up to everything else on the menu. Finally, I finished the night off by sharing a Chocolate Cake with Fermented Berries. Phenomenal.

I highly recommend trying out this restaurant, though don't go with an empty wallet. You'll need some cash, and you could quite possibly leave with empty pockets. My opinion, well worth the experience.

Craft Restaurant
2440 Victory Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75219
214-397-4111

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were on a diet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home