Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saba

Last night, I went to dinner with some b-school friends at Saba. Now, I usually don't like small plates restaurants, but this one wasn't bad. I really can't place the food, but it was a big mix of island, asian, spanish, latin and western flavors. Usually, I would say that is too confusing, but I think the food was really good.

One thing that I didn't like about the restaurant is the dimly lit atmosphere. I'm a big believer in eating with your eyes before anything else. If the food doesn't look appetizing, then I don't want to eat it. In this case, it was too dark, so I guess I had to give the chef the benefit of the doubt. I'm assuming that the food had great presentation and color, but it was really too dark for me to tell.

Overall, I thought the restaurant was great. If you go, it might make sense to bring a flashlight.
;-)

Saba
208D W Fourth St
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 478-7222

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home